These are trying times but there are ways to be cautious and educated while returning to a semi-normal life. There can be acupuncture support during COVID-19. I worked very hard in the time away to create an in-office environment that is as safe and comfortable as possible for my patients in these complicated times.
Changes To Appointments
- Consult portion of the appointment will happen in your car over the phone
- Appointment spacing so that office can be properly sanitized
- Removal of all room decorations, wallhangings, blankets, props, heating pad that cannot be sanitized
- Credit card payment without swiping or signature required, cash and check still accepted.
- Entrance into the treatment room exclusively. Old consult room will be a decontamination room.
- Emailed intake form and encouraged personal temperature check before 8am day of appointment
- Touchless temperature check in person at appointment
- I will be wearing office-only clothing that will go through the same sanitizing process as the linens
- Patient masks will be required and I will be wearing a mask at all times
- For the time being there will be no in-person yoga portion of an appointment
Things That Won’t Change
- I won’t be wearing gloves. Though I will be washing and hand sanitizing immediately before and after touching a patient or their clothing/belongings. Chinese Medicine requires direct touch to read the pulse, palpate the abdomen and feel for temperature variations on the skin. Even though you may not be touching anyone else in your life right now, in acupuncture appointments there will be the same level of touch in preparation for needle insertion, pulse reading and during diagnostic techniques.
I am now accepting new patients on a case by case basis. All new patients will begin with a free hour long phone consult. This allows patients to learn about procedures without coming into the office or spending any money. Please contact me directly to inquire about next available appointment times.